Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Springy Break..

Hi again!

Well the last week before break was busy busy of course. But I have a few pieces of wicked good news. I got accepted to be a tour guide for this spring and next year! Which means maybe some of you reading my blog will get to meet me in person (yes, I am real) when you sign up for a fabulous tour of SMC! I just have to shadow a few tours, attend tour guide training, and then sign up for as many as I want to give. I'm very excited to be involved in another aspect of the whole Founders Society and showing off everything that St. Mike's has to offer!

In other news, I made a Twitter!! If you haven't heard of Twitter don't be alarmed because before Drew, the Assistant Director of Admissions and King of All Things "Creepish" (ex. Facebook) , explained it to me ,I was thoroughly in the dark about this whole "Twitter Mania" thing. Twitter is kind of like Facebook without all the pictures and profile stuff and it's kind of like a series of updates. People can follow you and see what you are up to and leave you comments and things. I'm still trying to figure the whole thing out but I think it could be another really cool way to reach out to people and give people an inside look to what SMC life is really like. And, of course, another really cool way to creep people and see what they are doing all the time. I mean not that I want to or anything.... so, follow me, add me, or whatever it is you do on these social networking sites and I'll be really excited!!

I'm at home now in lovely Sagamore Beach. The weather is 50 degrees which is solid flip flop weather if you ask me. I drove home with my friend on Friday afternoon went out to dinner with my mom and then yesterday went out to dinner with my other friend from home to celebrate her birthday which was last Thursday. She goes to Syracuse University in New York and I'm currently trying to plan a trip to visit her this weekend if everything works out okay. I'm also in the midst of trying to convince my mom to post-pone my wisdom teeth extraction till the year 2056. It's doubtful that will happen but maybe I can put it off at least till summer? I don't know we'll see. I have a bunch of errands to run this weekend. One big priority is securing my job for this summer. Last summer, I worked at the Pine Hills Golf Club in Plymouth, MA as a beverage cart girl extraordinaire. I absolutely LOVED my job last summer so hopefully everything works out and I'll be cruising around in my snack cart serving golfers for yet another season! :)

But anyway, I'll update this again soon and I hope everyone has a great week. Talk to you later!

No comments: