Sunday, March 1, 2009

March!

Hello again!!

Things have been so crazy with everything lately but I'll try to recap. Championships were amazing!! The team did so well and everyone was happy with how they did and how the team did as a whole. We ended up getting 3rd overall only to Keene State and Bentley. And we received the inaugaral sportsmanship award for the weekend. It was a huge accomplishment and our coaches were really proud of us. Everyone was cheering on everyone else and its always so awesome to see how the team comes together during these stressful and important meets.I got to see my parents and family so thats always nice, of course, and I was able to go out to lunch with them in between sessions. Overall I'm so happy the season is over, but its amazing how well everyone did and how fast it went. We definatley need a break, but I'm excited to see how much the team can improve over next season.
So now that swimming is over, I'll have a lot more time on my hands to do work and get things organized. Celtic Knights are starting to get busy around this time and we have our upcoming show on March 28th so thats always exciting :). I also had my interview for becoming a tour guide this week as well, so fingers crossed, I'll be able to do that this spring or next year :)
This weekend was also an amazing weekend. Yesterday, a few of my friends and I went downtown to the Mardi Gras Parade on Church Street. It was so much fun!! There were so many people, the parade had so many cool/funny/kind of weird floats and they were throwing out beads and the crowd was great. I wasn't able to go to the parade last year so I was so happy I didn't miss out on it this time. It's definatley a great time.
So thats all for now, I'm looking forward to spring break which is fast approaching in two weeks!! If anyone has any questions please feel free to let me know and talk to you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow mairead congratulation at champs. it sounds like you had a blast at the Mardi Gras parade..hey that rhymes with your name. I wish I could have been there to collect some beads. What's the meaning of those things anyways? Well I best be going I have a huge high school test tomorrow so wish me luck.