Thursday, January 15, 2009

Welcome to Antartica...I mean..Vermont.

So current temperature in Colchester, Vermont right now is....(brace yourselves) 1 degree farenheit. Which is today's high temperature, with a low of -13. This week has had record setting temperatures so everyone has been bundling up to brave the cold outside :)

In other news, classes have started :). I have a pretty good schedule this semester. With British Literature 2, Anatomy, and Spanish on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Bio Lab with New Media on Tuesdays and just New Media on Thursdays. So overall not a bad combo. I'm sure it will be a lot of work though so I'll really have to stay on top of things. I'm looking forward to my New Media class. It's a requirement for my Journalism minor and it seems like a really cool class. We're going to learn how to build a website, do some programming, and use programs like photoshop and dreamweaver. I'm excited! :)
I'm also starting Irish Dance this semester. I'll be doing some things with the celtic knights, the irish step dance group at St. Mike's, but some of the girls in the group and I will be taking extra classes with the McFadden School of Irish Dance in Essex. I took a break last semester from it to concentrate on swimming but I definatley missed it a ton. I'll have dance class on Monday nights for an hour or two which I'm so excited for. Swimming is still going well, only a month left until championships. It's amazing how fast it's going by, and the end of the season is always my favorite because you can always see how much everyone has improved :). We have a home meet Saturday against St. Rose, and I think on Friday night the girls team is going to see Bride Wars at the movies so that should be fun! I'll update after the weekend, until then stay warm!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mairaed: I lived in Burlington for 6 months shortly after college - my first apartment on my own. The entire month of January the temperature never went above 0 degrees! I would walk the 1/2 mile to work because my car would never start! Looking forward to Spring, C's Aunt Corliss