Thursday, January 8, 2009

Break, Florida and everything else! :)


Why hello again! :)

So I'm back at SMC after a short but very eventful break. I made through finals and everything just fine and a few days after christmas the swim team made their annual training trip to florida :). Florida is always such a great time for the team. We're able to put everything aside, without any distractions and focus on being with our team and working hard. We do double practices everyday , one in the morning and once in the afternoon and we're able to get some sun at the beach in between. So overall it is a ton of work but its defiantly worth it. Here's a picture of some of the team outside our hotel before we went out to dinner for New Year's Eve. We stay at the Bilmar in Treasure Island (near Tampa Bay) Florida. Our beloved Bilmar is soo beautiful, right on the beach and the sunsets are absolutely amazing. Another plus is swimming in outdoor pools so getting a nice tan is obviously a priority. The team after Florida comes up early before classes to do some more doubles. Tomorrow will be our last day of doubles and then we have our meet against Bentley on Saturday at home :).

I hope Santa was good to everyone and everyone had a nice New Year :). I got a new camera for christmas which I'm pumped about so videos and pictures can now return to my blog! Last night, my mom asked me what my new years resolution was. I told her I didn't know, but since then it's got me thinking to what exactly I want to do this year. I know I want to do well in swimming, and get good grades and all of that typical stuff. But looking back, 2008 was a great year for me, and all I want is to have another one. I have great friends and family at home and at school, and I'm a pretty healthy, active person, and everything seems to go pretty well for me most of the time, so I guess all I can ask for is that to continue through 2009 :).

So I'll try to keep this thing a little more updated now that classes are starting on Monday. I'm excited for everyone to move back in and get things rolling again to a great spring semester. I'm so glad that I've been getting comments lately. (okay so some of them are from my friends, but hey at least people are reading! hahaha) A nice little comment was from my Dad's cousin who graduated from St. Mike's its so nice to hear that she's reading too :) I hope everyone has a great week and talk to you soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mairead: What a great resolution for 2009, actually for every year - just to have another great year like the year before. You can't beat that! Enjoying your blog!