Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!! Gobble gobble...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I hope everyone had a great holiday and ate lots and lots. I know I did. I made it back to Sagamore Beach on Tuesday night after classes and I'm so glad to be home. Although, I love everything and everyone at St. Mike's, its so nice to take a break from it all and eat delicious home cooked food. My dad is an awesome cook, and looks forward to preparing this meal all year. We had my aunt, uncle, and two cousins up from Maryland, as well as my two grandparents who are making the pilgrimage to Florida for the winter early tomorrow morning. The turkey was delish, and I had been craving my Dad's mashed potatoes for weeks now. Needless to say, my craving was more than satisfied. Here's a lovely pic of my Auntie, my cousin Sarah, and I in front of our dining room table. Which was personally decorated by Martha Stewart. Not really, just my Mom, but could have fooled me :).

Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to the Vineyard for the night. I'm so excited because Martha's Vineyard is literally my favorite place on earth. Yes, even in the winter. Most of the shops are closing, if not already closed, and they have really great deals at some of my favorite stores. I'd rather skip the black Friday madness and head off to an island. Just personal preference.

I know it's been a little while from my last post. So I'll try to recap. Last Friday, the girls and I stayed out in the homeless shack for an hour. And, of course, it was one of the coldest, snowiest days of the year. Excellent. But, none the less, it was fun and time well spent. We all look really great in this pic...not really... but it's still funny.


This weekend was so much fun because we didn't have a swim meet allllll weeekendd! Not to say swimming isn't fun, it was just so nice to actually experience a Saturday. I went to the Varsity and JV hockey games on Saturday with a few of my friends, and hit up Al's French Fries in between. Al's is amazing. You have to go. End of story. On Sunday, I relaxed and did some major homework. And Monday and Tuesday flew by and before I knew it, I was home. Last week, I also did a virtual open house for prospective students. It was so cool to talk to St. Mike's Class of 2013 hopefulls. Maybe I even chatted with some of my readers. Virtual open houses are really fun and all incoming freshman, no matter which colleges you are applying to, should definitely check them out!

Sorry for the lack in postage, I promise I'll let you know how the vineyard trip as well as our 3 day meet in Southern Connecticut next weekend goes. Hope everyone had a great holiday!! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Mairead I found the site O.K It was great reading your blog I didn't see any doggie bags this AM when you and Dad showed up. But the poinsettias made up for the non existing doggie bag.They are great. With your brother and his friends in the vicinity I suppose there weren't many left overs anyway. Love Pa

Anonymous said...

Hey Mairead-
I am also a swimmer and i am applying to Saint Mike's and i wanted to know about your practices and some typical workouts you have and any other info would be really appreciated. Thanks ever so much-
Katharine Simmons