Thursday, October 14, 2010

Maine, Columbus Day Break, FALL!

Hi everyone!

So lots has happened since my last few posts. Fall is in full force at SMC, the leaves look absolutely amazing and it's such a pretty time to be on campus! I've been super busy with all of my classes, Student Association and my internship. I'm loving my classes this semester, especially my photography class and I feel like I'm learning a ton this semester. Graduation is only 7 months away and its certainly still scaring me but I'm trying to enjoy the time I have and not think about it too much.
About two weekends ago a few of my friends on the Student Association E-Board got together and took a fun trip to Maine to relax and spend some quality time together. It was so much fun to get away for a little and not too mention being on a lake was amazing. We ended the weekend by having lunch at one of our SA faculty advisor's house. Here's a picture of us all in front of Lake Champlain!

I had a busy week of meetings, classes and of course swim practice! Swimming is now in full force with our new coach Eileen Hall. Although I was very sad that our old coach, Jim Donoghue had retired, Eileen has been doing amazing things with our team. We've been doing dryland work every day, running, lifting, and a ton of squats...eek. I'm not going to lie...I couldn't walk down the stairs for about a week. But we have been working really hard and I'm excited to see what the upcoming season has in store for us!

This weekend I was able to take a trip home to the Cape to see my family and some of my friends. I met up with some of the girls from study abroad in Boston and we stayed at my friends apartment right next to Fenway, went out and had an amazing time. I've missed them so much and I truly miss Ireland a lot. I miss the country, my friends, garlic chips and cheese, and seeing sheep on a daily basis. :)
I have been working on my internship with the Marketing and Communications department and trying to get my head together for plans next year. I know I definitely want to go into the field of media communications, especially social media. I've been learning awesome things about YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and how businesses, organizations etc. use them to enhance their marketing and connect with people all over. I'm really interested in communications and marketing in general! I'm attending the Career Symposium tonight and tomorrow, and I've been able to talk with The Board of Trustees for the college, and have been making connections here and there! I have my fingers crossed that every thing will come together and my work will pay off someday :)
In the next few weeks, we have HALLOWEEN coming up...which means the Halloween dance. I honestly could not be more excited! And my first swim meet will also be coming up November. I can't believe how fast this semester is going by and its already time to pick classes for second semester. I'm loving fall though and trying my best to enjoy every single second I have here.

So that's just a quick little update. As always, any questions, comments, or suggestions are always welcome!! Talk to you all soon!

No comments: