Monday, September 7, 2009

Aaaand we're back...

Hi everyone!

After quite the blogging hiatus I'm back and in full swing of my junior year at SMC. I moved in last Saturday into my apartment and started classes last Monday. I must say I was so sad to see this summer end but this year has already started nothing short of amazing.

In my last post I was just starting my summer on Martha's Vineyard. I had the time of my life working at The Boathouse in Edgartown as a swimming instructor and met some awesome people. The Vineyard was definitely crazy packed at times but I actually do love everything about the island. I was super lucky to score such an awesome job and I definitely think I made friends over there for a lifetime. I was very anxious though for move in day to arrive and its been absolutely crazy trying to get everything settled in my apartment :) and I've also been super busy with classes, meetings and getting everything ready for this crazy semester ahead of me.

So as I've probably mentioned about 3,000 times, I live on North Campus (best place on earth) in the Ethan Allen apartments. It's been so funny/scary trying to grocery shop, cook my own food, and do other grown up things. We've been decorating like crazy and I think our place is coming along quite nicely to say the least. Here's a picture of our living room, its kinda bad quality because I took it off my phone but I'll definitely be posting way more of these as the year goes on...
In other news, I've been meeting a lot with the Founders Society and the Admissions staff in trying to make our blogs, Facebook page, and Youtube even better for the prospective students this year. If you have a chance check out our new YouTube page there are some awesome videos from move in day, orientation, and some pretty funny ones as well.
So that's just an update on how things are going so far. I'm so excited to be able to blog again this year and share all of my experiences. It;s definitely going to be an interesting semester with classes getting harder, preparing to go abroad in the spring, living up north and everything else that just comes with being a SMC student so I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. Hope you all have a great week and talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wooowww your living room looks great. I bet you had a pro decorate that. Either that or your roommate have impeccable taste.