Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring is here!

Hello everyone and so sorry for the big break in posting!!

Spring has definitely hit SMC!! Right now it's 80 degrees and everyone is outside hanging out on the quad. It's beautiful!!

But anyway, I can hardly believe there are only two weeks left!! This is the final week of classes and then next week are exams. This weekend was a blast though. On Friday, I was in the MLK Talent Show, for Irish Dancing of course. There were so many great acts such as three guys doing the "Single Ladies " dance, and the winner was Maggie Ecker a sophomore who sang Whitney Houston's "I will always love you". She did such an awesome job and the entire auditorium was on their feet cheering for her. It was our P-Day weekend also which stands for "Preparation Day" but really it's a great excuse for Student Life to give us ton of free food, inflatables, and to have fun all day long. The entire 300's field was covered with big food tents, and inflatable bouncies and slip n slides. It was a really good way to almost end the year (I'm not quite ready to say it's over yet..:) And when I get some pictures I will post them here ASAP!

So two weeks and I'll be home for the summer! I found a job teaching swimming lessons and being a camp counselor on Martha's Vineyard and I could not be more excited. I love teaching lessons and MV is pretty much my favorite place on earth so I have a feeling it's going to be a great summer! :) I'm really looking forward to next school year living up North, swimming, and everything else! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather and I will talk to you all soon!

No comments: