Monday, January 17, 2011

The Beginning of the End...

Welcome back everyone!

I'm happy to say after an extremely busy finals week, holiday season and break I'm so happy to be back to start my final semester here at St. Mike's!

Finals week went by so quickly and before I knew it I was helping my family plan for our Christmas eve party. I loved spending the holidays at home and it was so nice to see all of my family. Here's a picture of all the cousins at my house Christmas Eve :)

After Christmas, I packed up and headed to Washington DC for the swim team training trip. We usually have the luxury of training somewhere warmer than VT but this year we decided to train at the Georgetown University pool in Washington DC. The area of Georgetown was so cute, and although we did have to walk quite a ways to the pool, it was a nice change of scenery. AND I was able to visit the famous, most amazing place on EARTH... Georgetown Cupcakes, home of the TLC show, DC Cupcakes. Let me tell you that waiting in line for 30 minutes with a group of grumpy, hungry swimmers after practice was totally worth it for these cupcakes. Yes, they were that good.

I really enjoyed spending time with my 5 other senior swimmers. We've stuck it out for four years and it will be sad to see the season end in February. Here's a picture of the 5 of us senior girls and our lovable freshman friend, Maddie, in front of the Washington Monument. As a team, we also took a special tour of the capital and an extra special tour of VT Senator Leahy's office, an SMC Grad. We were so thankful for his office coordinating a tour for our team and it was such a cool experience. After D.C, I had a few days at home and then headed up to Vermont to train at school for about two weeks. We have a lot of swim meets coming up in the next few weeks and the team has been working so hard. I'm excited for the end of the season to come and see how every one's hard work has paid off at Championships. Coming back to the snow banks and trekking across the tundra that is the 300's field has been a lot to get used to. This weekend it was so nice to see familiar faces around campus and to reunite with my roommates and friends again.

Today marks the first day of classes for my 8th and final semester at Saint Michael's. Last semester was ridiculously busy, but I'm hoping to balance my activities a little more this semester and find some time for some last semester fun :). I'm taking my senior seminar for my English major, Global Communication, Digital Literacy (an awesome English class I'm really looking forward to), and I'm continuing my Social Media internship with the Marketing and Communication Department. I'll also hopefully be volunteering once a week at the Chittenden Valley Head Start pre-school program. This time last year, I'd be living the dream studying abroad in Galway. I miss Ireland so much and I'm counting down the days I can travel back there!

I'll be updating lots this semester with my upcoming job search (EEEK!), and all of my adventures. I'll also have some weekly interviews and event posts as well, so be sure to check back. Talk to you all soon!

No comments: