Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And we're back...

Okay, so I seriously apologize for the lack in post-age. But, it's been crazy here on campus the past week or so. So much has been going on and everyone seems to be experiencing that time of year when you find yourself in the library more than your own room. This being said, I'm currently in the library right now. I have a big Varieties Of Christianity mid-term tomorrow at 10. (Wish me luck!) So I've been studying, or attempting to, most of the day. Except for a minor obstacle which included locking myself out my room and needing security to come and let me in. Thanks guys.

So this weekend was amazing because I got to go home for a few days during the Columbus Day break. We actually had today and yesterday off from classes which allowed most of the kids to go home. It was most a lot of students first time being home since August, so it was great to see some of my friends from home and, of course, have my lovely mother do my laundry! Thanks Mom! I came back yesterday to find a lonely 3rd floor but today it was bustling with everyone coming back with a slew of baked goods and other little surprises from home. Being away from home has made me realize the little things like laundry, and a good home baked snack that I so often took for granted in high school. I absolutley love living here at St. Mike's but its so nice to be able to go home for a little and just relax with the family :).

Swimming has been going quite well these past few weeks. Drew (you and probably half the world has already read his blog) came back this week to assistant coach! Needless to say, the team was very excited. Our first meet is coming up on October 26th at Bentley College in Mass. so we are all working our tails off. And, coming up next weekend, is the highly anticipated Highlighter dance!! Last year the swimmers were not able to go because of a meet so we are all sooo excited to be able to go this year! Dances are kind of a big deal here at school. Everyone usually goes and I hear they play awesome music and it's a great time! Next post I'll have to let you know how it went!!

I guess I better get back to studying, hope everyone is having a great week and don't hesitate at all to ask questions, or e-mail just to chat!

Mairead :)

No comments: